Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Sweetest Gift

I bet you girls didn't know my husband was a poet. Well, neither did I! After Eli, Emma, and Edan got through opening presents on Christmas morning, Brent said there was one last present under the tree in an envelope with my name on it. I opened it up and this is what it said:

Merry Christmas to the woman I love,
We have been so blessed this year from our God above.
He gave us a third child, a layoff, and a new job that's sweet!
It allows me to work four 10's off Fridays now that can't be beat!

So this is my special present to you from me,
Don't get your hopes up, it's not a Honda Odyssey!
This gift takes muscle, a paint brush, and probably a broom
We are finally going to make over the bonus room!

It may take some time so don't be in a hurry.
I will have to work real hard to make us some money!
Pick out the colors, the couch, and the floor,
the TV, the lamps, and all the decor.

It will be great to have a room the whole family can be,
and laugh all night at the kids playing the Wii.
I hope you like your gift to you from me,
Maybe one day I can buy you that Honda Odyssey!

Merry Christmas

I love you,
Brent

Is this not the sweetest thing you have ever read? This meant more to me that any gift he could go out and buy! You can imagine by the end of the poem I had tears running down my face! I have such a sweet husband who is so caring and thoughtful! This is what the poem looked like.:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it!!! You guys are such a sweet couple! Hey, maybe we will get our Honday Odyssey's at the same time!!

Jenny said...

So SWEET!! I can't wait to see the new Bonus Room. I'm sure it will be gorgeous like the rest of your house! (just like out of a magazine!!) I'd love for you to help me finally get the Buhl Castle decorated whenever you're ready to go shopping!
Love you all...