Sunday, January 4, 2009

Emma's "Special Present"

Well, Santa had come and gone at our house, the kids opened their presents, and it was time for one more Christmas stop, Papaw and Mamaw's house! We go there on Christmas morning for another breakfast and to open gifts with Lindsey, Bradley, Laura, and the girls. I have to give you a little background info first before I get to the main part of the story. Back in early December we were having some behavior issues with Emma and I discussed them with mom so she made up this story and told it to Emma.

Santa: Ma'am with the red sweater on...
Mom: Who me?
Santa: Yes, do you have a granddaughter named Emma?
Mom: Yes
Santa: Did she read an entire book to her whole Kindergarten class?
Mom: Yes
Santa: Was she the Super Kid last week?
Mom: Yes
Santa: Was she on the naughty list for not obeying her Daddy and Mommy a few weeks ago?
Mom: Yes
Santa: Well, you tell Emma that I am proud of her for doing so well at school and if she will keep up her good behavior at home and at school I will take her off the naughty list and bring her a special present.
Ok, so this was the story. Mom told this story to Emma and she told everyone! Even when I took her to the pediatrician, Emma told her! All of you know Emma, the socialite, she is not shy! And, she did, her behavior was great after Mom told her this story! So anyway, back to Christmas morning at Moms. We are about done with opening gifts and mom says, "Oh, Emma, there is one last gift and it says To Emma From Santa on it!" Well, Emma is smiling and giggling, and starts unwrapping the gift. Inside the gift there is a letter and it says,
Dear Emma,
You have been a very good girl since I talked to your Mamaw at the Mall. I have left your "special present" at your Mamaw's house since you love to do this there.
Love,
Santa
P.S. See you next year and keep up your good behavior!

Here is Mom reading what Santa's letter said.:
At one point, and I wish I would have gotten this on camera, Emma put her hands up over her mouth and started screaming! This is her opening her "special present!":


It is a Paula Deen Kid's Cookbook! Oh my goodness, Emma was beside herself! This is what she does when she goes to her Mamaw's house, she takes out all of her recipe books and looks at them for hours! Maybe she will be a chef when she grows up! Thank you, Mamaw, for making Emma's Christmas so special!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love this post! I could just squeeze her! I bet Emma and your Mom will have so much fun together with her new Paula Deen cookbook! What a special present for sure! It's perfect!