Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pasta Bake

I love cooking for my family, especially things they really enjoy. This is one recipe that my family loves so I thought I would share it with you. It is a newer version of "baked spaghetti" and it is delicious! Here is a look at it:

Pasta Bake

1 pound lean ground beef

1/4 c. diced onions(optional, I add them)

1 jar spaghetti sauce(and all the spices you normally use for the sauce: oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and a bit of sugar

1 7 oz. pkg. elbow macaroni(or any other pasta of your choosing, Ziti would also be a good choice)

1/2 block cream cheese

3/4 - 1 cup sour cream(I don't ever measure it)

1 1/2 c. mozzerella cheese

1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese


Boil pasta according to pkg. I always do mine al dente. In another pan cook meat and onions, drain, and put back into pan. Add 3/4 of the jar(if you like it really saucy you can add the whole jar) to the meat. Add seasonings. Mix. Drain pasta and put in a smaller 9X13 dish. Layer all of mozzerella cheese on top of pasta. Microwave cream cheese until it is a little bit melted(about 30 sec.) in a bowl. Add sour cream and mix. Layer all of sour cream mixture on top of mozz. cheese. Pour meat sauce on top and finish with all of the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.


And out of the oven a yummy, yet simple meal for everyone to enjoy! Eli and Emma LOVE this...

I hope you girls decide to make this! Keep the recipes coming, maybe we can start something new!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a good idea Allyson! This looks yummy! Can't wait to try it! I need some new dinner ideas. When you get a chance, I'd like to get your chicken and rice soup recipe!

Amanda said...

Yummy! I will be making this over the weekend! Thanks!

Mercer Family said...

Allyson that sounds delicous! I can't cook what so ever so to see something a little simpler I think I might be able to do it. Sounds wonderful and I think we can get almost all ingredients here! Thanks!

Ginger said...

Okay, YUM!! Is this low fat ;)

I am Tammy, Welcome to my Farm said...

This looks great! I will try this next week. Thanks