Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter is "SNOW" much fun!

Eli and Emma were SOOO excited when I came to get them early yesterday at school.(I was tired of waiting for school to officially let out early, so I went to get them at 11:15.) Emma came running down the hall and said, "Mrs. Day said it's snowing, it's snowing!" When we got home they couldn't wait to get out in it and play! I made them wait a little bit because Brent wanted to build a snowman with them. While we were waiting on Brent to get home, I got them all bundled up and out they went! Here is Eli and Emma making a perfect snowball to throw at me!:They worked and worked at making their snowball big. Eli kept saying to me, "I want it bigger!" Emma wasn't willing to get "down and dirty" like Eli to make her snowball. She was happy with a teeny tiny one!
After a while, Emma volunteered Eli to make her a "big one". He was so sweet to make her one like his and then they started eating them!
Edan was up while they went outside to play...It was kind of hard for me to take pictures so I put him in the exersaucer and opened the front door. Here is the happy spectator watching from afar!: Eli and Emma waited and waited on Brent to get home all day, and finally we heard his jeep pull into the neighborhood! "Daddy's home, Daddy's home!" When he pulled into the driveway, they threw the snowballs at him! As soon as they saw him, they put him to work on the snowman.:Brent, Eli, and Emma worked so hard to make the perfect snowman!They decided that the snowman was going to be a girl and we clothed her with a cute striped scarf, a camo tobaggan, heart marble eyes, a carrot for a nose, smarties for a smiley face, and more marbles for buttons. Emma, of course, had the last say so in her name....Introducing FANCY NANCY, the snowman...Fancy Nancy is such a cutie! We got Edan bundled up and brought him out to do a group shot with Fancy Nancy! It was so much fun watching Eli and Emma playing the snow. I love having them home on snow days! As for Fancy Nancy, she is still up in our front yard, but not for too long, it is supposed to be near 60 degrees this weekend!

No comments: