Sunday, December 28, 2008

All I Want For Christmas

About a month ago, Emma fell and her bottom two teeth became loose. I didn't want to rush and pull them because I knew her permanent teeth weren't ready to come in. Anyway, on December 23rd, she came running to me and one of her teeth on the bottom was literally hanging by a thread. She wanted me to pull it, so this is her before with her teeth: She sat very calmly and let me explain to her how I was going to get the tooth out:I started to wiggle it and move it around:






So, I said, "Ok Emma, here it comes", I went in for one and two came out! I thought she would cry or wimper but nothing, she was so brave!
She was a little nervous of all the blood; her face shows it!
I was really proud of her so I gave her a big hug!:
It was neat because Emma got to use the same tooth fairy pillow that I used when I was a little girl! That night we had a Christmas party and Emma was racking up on the money! I think she collected $10...when she woke up the next morning the tooth fairy left her $2! She went to Target and used it for Junie B. Jones chapter books! It was a little strange seeing her without her teeth...she isn't old enough yet!!!

3 comments:

Mercer Family said...

That is so exciting for her. I love the picture of you hugging her. You can just tell how proud you are of her being so brave. She is still so beautiful with a missing tooth! Good job Emma!

Amy said...

I am so proud of Emma for choosing to buy Junie B. Jones books! I'm a huge fan myself!

Jenny said...

I can't believe Emma is losing teeth! It surely can't be time for that already! What a beautiful girl she is! Love you Emma Grace!