Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trust and Obey

for there's no other way,
To be happy in Jesus
is to Trust and Obey.

We have been doing family devotions with our children for years, but we have recently added something new to our worship time together, SINGING!!! I love to sing and have always sung to the kids, but it wasn't until Brent did this last study on parenting did we incorporate singing into our family worship time. The kids' newest favorite song that we have taught them is Trust and Obey. The words are so simple, but so true! I love this time together because we are all growing in the Lord and proclaiming truth to Him!!! I would encourage all of you to do this with your children, start with the songs they already know, Jesus Loves Me, The B-I-B-L-E, and then teach them different songs from church, ect. Not only will they be blessed from learning but you will be blessed also by hearing them sing and singing together! It is truly my very favorite part of the day! And if you are wondering, Brent sings too! The biggest blessing I have received so far is that my children keep us accountable for family worship time, they don't want to miss it! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: