Monday, August 24, 2009

Seven New Wheels

are parked on our curb. Bike wheels, that is.When we had our garage sale in July, Brent and I told Eli and Emma we would get them new bikes with the money we made from the sale. They both had grown out of their old bikes so it was time for brand new ones! A few days after the sale, I took E and E to Wal-Mart and let them choose the bikes they wanted. It was funny to me because Eli choose a simple, yet get the job done bike for him. Nothing fancy, affordable, and rides well was his criteria. He shopped for literally 5 seconds and his choice was made. "This is the one, mommy", he said. Now, while, we were getting some help to get Eli's bike down, Emma was studying and processing her decision. She finally narrowed it down between 2, a Princess or Hello Kitty. While Eli's decision was quick and precise, Emma had many factors for choosing. She wanted a colorful, sparkly, and one that she knew her friends would like. She even took a "test drive" around the toy section of Wal-Mart. She finally decided on the Hello Kitty bicycle which had all the bells and whistles and was twice as expensive as Eli's. I was thinking to myself, yikes, I know how Brent feels when we go shopping together now, Emma was doing the same thing I do when it comes to making a decision, taking forever! She notices details more than any little girl I know! Well, a few weeks later we finally used the rest of Edan's birthday gift cards(no, I didn't get him the EB highchair I have been wanting since before he was born, drats!) and bought him his very FIRST tricycle! Edan's tricycle is a Radio Flyer and he loves it! Eli rides a bike very well, he is like Brent in this aspect. He has very good balance and coordination. We haven't taken Emma's training wheels off yet, but she is so proud, protective, and pleased with her choice! When Edan gets on his tricycle it just makes me sad, he still seems like my tiny little baby! On the handle bars there is a little bell that he makes "ding" with his finger and it is hilarious when he makes the bell go off! He bursts out laughing hysterically! It is so sweet! I am glad that the three E's are enjoying their new rides, we go out everyday after homework and snack so they can ride in style! It makes me happy to see them so joyful and happy when they are on their bicyles!!! Just call us Tour De Hodson on Maple Valley Lane!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Tour de Hodson looks like so much fun! I love all of their new bikes. Eli is such a great bike rider and Emma's bike is beautiful! I can just hear Edan laughing whenever he hears the ding--so precious! Love to all of your E's! :)